Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

Samsung Serif mini TV unable to complete samsung apps test

Samsung Serif mini TV unable to complete samsung apps test Samsung apps panel TR a problem occurred while updating the app or game information please turn the TV off and on and then try again error 08005
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?
Customer: No
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Endless smart hub resets tried, TV on and off, factory resets too. Nothing works

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Unplug the power cord to your TV

Wait 10 minutes

Plug it back in and power on

Wait 5 minutes

Check to see if your issue continues and let me know the results

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Josh, I've done that again. No change. I have also removed plug from bank on a previous and tried directly into plug. No change. TV purchased a couple of years ago in Rotterdam, for use in UK only. Has worked fine with my UK apps, in the UK since then. Including NowTv, Netflix and vtuner radio. Now will only work with BBC iPlayer, Itv hub, YouTube and recently added Primevideo. All others previously installed and working will say only downloaded and when I try to open smart hub updating please try later. For maybe a month now. Can't see anyway to uninstall the offending apps and try a reinstall. Think that might fix it if I could. Any ideas? I have tried switching back to Dutch location and then back again to UK, and nothing changes.

a). Power on your Smart TV and press Smart Hub button from your Remote Control. Smart Hub screen

b). Once the Smart Hub screen displays, press the blue letter D button from your Remote Control so as to open Setting options in Smart Hub

c). Select the Reset option and press enter from remote control

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
On Serif mini TV screen displays like this. When smart hub is open and displays apps button D does nothing. I'm signed in on our Samsung account and deleting apps is greyed out.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I guess that's it then? Thanks for trying

Sign out then back in again

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
tried that multiple times too

Have you tried a factory reset?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
many times! So tedious re-inputting all the passwords for iPlayer YouTube etc and then getting same old smart hub updating message for Netflix, NowTV etc. Is there a way to go back to previous software? I think the update may be the cause.

How old is the TV?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We don't seem to be getting anywhere. It's a Samsung serif mini, maybe 4 years old? Don't know, bought it 2 years ago. Software is January 2020. I'll leave it. Thanks, Sara

Unfortunately, the issue that you are having is a hardware failure and due to the age of the unit and the issue, it would be cheaper to replace it than to repair it.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry Josh, totally unconvinced by your response. How can it be a hardware failure when I can get many of the apps no problem? Which bit of hardware has failed? There may be a software incompatibility problem, but I can't believe it needs replacing. Anyway a replacement Serif mini is not available in the UK - that's why I bought it in Rotterdam 2 years ago... Very disappointing. Thanks for your efforts anyway