Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I an trying to connect a Linsar TV to my ipad2. I have the

Customer Question

Hi. I an trying to connect a Linsar TV to my ipad2. I have the cable, but no ipad signal is being received. Help!!
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Linsar model number 24LED906T
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV Menu works. I can connect a DVD player no problem
JA: How long has this been an issue with your 24LED906T? What happened right before this?
Customer: Never tried before. TV must be 5-8 years old
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ipad HDMI cable works elsewhere
Category: TV
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have moved the HDMI cable to No. 2 connection and the iPad has stated:" This accessory [TV] is not supported by this iPad". SO am I stuffed?!
Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

This will happen if the HDMI adapter you are using is not supported by the iPad.

You can connect the iPad to your Linsar TV using an approved Apple HDMI adapter, like this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighting-Adapter-Connector-Compatible-Application/dp/B07ZF9CTMD/

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help? :)

Have a good day and stay safe,

Pete.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Pete. I will buy the recommended adapter and let you know what happens. Bob
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

You are very welcome :)

Pete.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Oh dear - I used the link you sent to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter which has arrived. However, I am at a loss to see how it connects. The HDMI cable I already have fits both the TV and iPad, but I cannot work out how the new Adapter fits in. Also, the instructions with it state: "Current output of lightning cable is required more than [email protected]" Does this mean a power supply? Help!! Bob
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Hi Bob,

You can ignore the instruction about the current output - it is a standard instruction. No power supply is required.

The iPad will not connect if you connect it directly with your existing cable that fits straight into the iPad -

You will need to use the adapter to convert the signal first, then connect a standard HDMI cable from the adapter to your TV.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can I send you an image of the adapter? The male socket to connect to the iPad does not fit anywhere.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

Yes, you can attach images to your JustAnswer question page so I can see them.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
See attached. How does the adapter connect to the iPad?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have just had an email from your company asking for £35 on the 20th October. Really? So far I do not have a satisfactory answer to my original question. Bob
Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

Hi Bob, I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account.

I did ask for images at 3.30pm and you have just sent them through at 4pm so I am reviewing now.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

I can see that your iPad 2 uses the old-style Apple connection, so you will need to get a different adapter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BeckenBower-Digital-Adapter-compatible-Projector/dp/B00F8DEBGS

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please see the 1st sentence of my original question: " I am trying to connect a Linsar TV to my ipad2" So you knew it was an iPad2. I have bought the wrong adapter on your advice. It cost £20.47 using the link you provided.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

You will see that my first reply was related to an iPad, not an iPad 2.

The incorrect adapter can be returned.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I don't understand. Why would you refer to an iPad in your first reply when I had already told you it is an iPad2? I conclude you have made a mistake. How are you going to correct your error?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 days ago.

If you ordered the incorrect adapter to suit your iPad then it will need to be returned.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I will look tomorrow to return the wrong adapter. However, you seem reluctant to take responsibility for your error. I ordered what you advised me to order.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 days ago.

I gave an example of an adapter. You need to check the adapter ordered is suitable for your iPad model.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I could understand your position if I had not told you I was using an iPad2. So I followed your advice having given you the correct model number. So I will now cancel my membership and expect a refund of my £5 plus any postal charges incurred by ordering and returning the wrong adapter.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 days ago.

Glad to hear it worked!

You are very welcome :)

Have a good day and stay safe,

Pete.