Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung Q70r sound bar. It turns on and off

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Q70r sound bar. It turns on and off automatically with the tv but the volume setting on power on is always 20 which iOS far too loud. I turn the vol down to about 12 but it goes back to 20 on next power up.
JA: What is your Samsung connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?
Customer: It uses 2 HDMI cables. One from my Virgin cable box to the sound ar, one from the sound bar to the Samsung Q70 one box
JA: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Unfortunately the soundbar does not have an option to adjust the startup volume defaults.

You can however go into the setup (sound control) and reduce the audio level of each of the speakers (sides, front, rear, front top, etc) and with those reduced it will have the effect of the overall startup volume being reduced accordingly.

Nathan