info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a new TV but I can't get it to work, Toshiva

Customer Question

I have a new TV but I can't get it to work
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Toshiva 32WD3A63DB unpacked this morning
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't switch it on - The guide shows a switch that I can't find
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am now desperate having spent nearly an hour on the phone to Curries where I bought it.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 14 days ago.

Welcome

I just had a look at the manual myself first of all when you plug the set into the mains do you see the STANDBY light on the front of the set?

Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 14 days ago.

If the STANDBY light is lit then you can use the switch in the middle of the "paddle" on the back of the set (lower right hand side looking at the back of the set)by HOLDING IT IN OR you can simply switch the set ON with the remote, if there is NO standby light you are sure there is power reaching the set then the set will need to be returned to Currys because it has a power-supply board problem.