Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Well a couple of weeks ago the TV decided to turn itself

Customer Question

Well a couple of weeks ago the TV decided to turn itself off. The Standby light is still on however. I assumed that this was a short circuit on the power supply board and so replaced this board with a new board. The TV will still not turn on however the standby light still remains on. I now suspect a fault on the motherboard. What do you think?
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: No but then again it hasn't been for the last four years and has worked fine. I had considered a power surge. Do you think that this is what could have caused the problem?
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: I had before the replaced the power supply board and this did not correct the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Sorry you're having problems. The TV shutting off with the standby light still lit is a fault of the Mainboard, not the power supply, so the Mainboard needs to be replaced to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you Aric. I will replace the motherboard and hopefully this will solve my problem. Thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

You're welcome and all the best to you.