Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

LG LED TV - screen just went blank. Sound still working.

Customer Question

LG LED TV - screen just went blank. Sound still working. Remote still changing channels etc. Just seems to be the screen. Tried turning on and off - no change.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LG TV?
Customer: There is an HDMI and also a Scart from the video
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The TV is 7 years old - just would like to know if that means it is unlikely it can be repaired and it would be cheaper to get a new one
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV
I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem;

• What is the complete Model Number of the TV you are having the issue with?

The Model Number would be written on a label pasted on the back cover or the side panel of the TV

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
42LN540V - ZA
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Just want to know if this is likely to be worth trying to repair or not
Expert:  Shahid replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for the info

It seems the TV backlight system has got an internal failure that made the screen dark

If the TV is still under warranty then contact LG support to get it repaired under warranty

If the TV is out of warranty then probably the power supply board OR the LED strips indies the screen are faulty and need to be replaced that may cost you good money, if the TV is approx 3-4 years old then you would be better off investing in a new TV rather than spending time and money on this old TV's repair

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for this clear answer
Expert:  Shahid replied 18 days ago.

Very much welcome, wish you the best~