Josh
Josh, Technician
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Vertical lines and colour fading? problem? oops its Toshiba

Vertical white lines and colour fading? problem?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: oops its Toshiba model nr 32HL933B. Are you able to answer this query?
JA: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba product?
Customer: only tapping lightly th back of the tv, after watching a You tube video.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Toshiba model nr 32HL933B. ? 7 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Source . what do you mean.
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?
Customer: Inputs do you mean HDMI ports?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no events prior to vertical lines

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Unplug the power cord to your TV

Wait 10 minutes

Plug it back in and power on

Wait 5 minutes

Check to see if your issue continues and let me know the results

Thank you for using JustAnswer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. Feel free to contact me again if you have any following questions

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Partial improvement in colour, vertical lines persist

Unfortunately, the issue that you are having is a hardware failure and due to the age of the unit and the issue, it would be cheaper to replace it than to repair it.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.