Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Technka 32 inch HD ready Tv, can get sound but no

I have a Technka 32 inch HD ready Tv, can get sound but no picture, will sometimes get picture if I bang it often enough, have had tv for about 6 years
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Yes HDMi cable
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is also sometimes connected to an xbox

Sorry you're having problems. Offhand these symptoms indicate either a faulty/out of spec power supply or an issue with the screen itself. That said more info is needed:

What's the model number off of the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
LCD3256D

Thanks. This is an off brand and known for reliability issues. The symptoms here indicate faulty/intermittent backllights in the screen, or a cold/cracked solder joint on the power supply board. That said, what is your level of expertise and are you looking to repair the TV yourself or?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it easy to repair? I have no particular expertise at all, but willing to give it a go it not too difficult
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But is it better to get a new tv?

Not really easy unless you have access to a soldering iron, very good soldering prowess and are able to meter the circuit traces?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
None of those
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But may be able to find someone who has

Honestly 5-6 years is about as long of a stretch as we see this brand last, and it would be putting good money into bad to pursue repairs in my opinion. The cost to repair at a shop would easily exceed the cost of replacing this TV.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any brand you would recommend for about £200?

I'm not privy to what TVs cost on the other side of the pond (I'm in the US) but we see good results with LG or Samsung.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Or what would you recommend?

See my last reply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
LG yes there is one for about that

Okay sounds good.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, cheers, ***** ***** it is early over there for you! Have a good day

Cheers ***** ***** as well, and no it's 3:05 p.m. so early afternoon over here. Hope you have a good day as well!