Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

My tv screen has got a light shining on it. This is not a

Customer Question

Hi my tv screen has got a light shining on it. This is not a reflected light. I went through the problem solving menu on screen and it told me to contact you.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Yes
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: not that I know. I was out all day yesterday and this light first appeared last night.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank yiu
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No. The light is still on the screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please