Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

My Samsung TV has limes going across the bottom of the

Customer Question

My Samsung TV has limes going across the bottom of the screen. The TV is 1 year old
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: How do I find out the model?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the menu works and everything works just lines across the bottom of the screen
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The model is a Samsung UE58TU7100KXXU 58inch smart 4k UHD HDR LED TV
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The lines are still there made no difference turning it off
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is a problem with the screen. The lines are still there
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the LCD panel that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.