Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a tlc TV 43DP628 TV which is stuck on shop mode and

I have a tlc TV 43DP628 TV which is stuck on shop mode and the remote control is not working. I have changed the batteries but the remote is still dead. The TV was purchased from amazon on the 7th of October 2020
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: Tlc 43DP628 purchased 7th of October 2020
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been stuck in shop mode for a couple of months. I have switched off at mains and changed the batteries. The only way that I can turn it on is manually and then it goes straight into shop mode
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think it could need a new remote control as it's not functioning

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The remote control wouldn't turn the TV on. I put it on manually and the shop mode came straight on. The remote control doesn't appear to be working

Did you do the instructions I gave you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I did and the TV is still not coming off shop mode and the remote control isn't working. I have no Mobil phone signal so can't accept calls

Can you please test the remote following the instructions on my link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPoifERrNs

This will allow is to see if the remote is actually functioning or if it is the TV that is at fault

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have just gone on the link you sent and the remote control is definitely not working. As the TV is under warranty what do I do now

You will need to please contact the place of purchase and have the remote replaced under warranty.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I've been in touch with tcl who are sending me a new remote control. Thankyou for your help.
Mike

You are most welcome Mike.