Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Picture gone but sound still there. Can it be fixed?

Customer Question

JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: Television. Smart TV
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: No
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The set is an LG about 5 years old
Category: TV
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your Television which is able to produce sounds, however, no picture. I would suggest this could be down to a loose cable or glitch, I have recommended some steps below which I would like you exercise and let me know of the outcome. 

1. Power the Television off. (Press the power button on the remote)

2. Remove the power cable from the power source.

3. Check all the cables are connected firmly which would consist of HDMI & any other inputs you may have connected. 

4. Reconnect the power cable into the power source. 

5. Power the Television on. (Press the power button on the remote)

6. Check if the picture has restored. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew