hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have bought 5 JVC tv's for my gym. We're a franchise and

Customer Question

Hello, I have bought 5 JVC tv's for my gym. We're a franchise and require to fit a dongle in the back of the tv- we are required to connect ethernet cables to the dongle to guarantee a good signal However every time we turn on the tv's, some of them don't automatically connect to the ethernet and look for wifi (not allowed) and some do connect to the ethernet. Is there a way of ensuring the ethernet connection is always linked up. Thank you.
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: No, it's for a dongle connected to the tv via an HDMI cable
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: So the internet is working, as i said some tv's are automatically connecting to the ethernet through the dongle and some we have to manually connect to the ethernet.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website.
I amCustomer an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.
Please note that PREMIUM OFFERS such as REMOTE ASSISTANCE or a PHONE CALLl are sent by this website WITHOUT my permission and you may ignore them.

I am sorry that you having a problem with your equipment and will help you resolve the issue.

I am reviewing your question and will answer you shortly. Thank you for your patience!

The TVs automatically look for the connection that has the active Internet you can't unfortunately pick the default.
Do you turn your router off over night?
In the TV's Network settings if you delete the Wifi network that is discovered does that work or it still won't automatically connect to the router?
If you reset the Network connection via the Network setting menu does that help?
Are the Ethernet cables the same length roughly?
Are they longer than the other cables?
If the TV is waiting for a DHCP address it could delay the connection.
If you assign a static IP address to the troublesome TVs does that help? Choose a number that is high up the list so it doesn't conflict with IP addresses already in use.