info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

The power on my tv is switching off after a couple of

Customer Question

Hi, the power on my tv is switching off after a couple of minutes. I’ve tried unplugging it and leaving it for a while (all day) and I’ve checked the wire in the back and it looks fine.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a jvc, model number LT-24C686(A). It’s just over two years old, but has only actually been used for about a year
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yeah, everything works for the short period it stays on for. It still happens on other sources, haven’t tried other inputs, is that something different?
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LT-24C686? What happened right before this?
Customer: since Thursday night. I’m not sure tbh cause I switched the tv on, but wasn’t looking at it for a while and then it happened, I think it could have been after it updated itself or something
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here does the power-light on the front of the set change from the fully ON mode to standby? or maybe goes off altogether? or blink? when this issue happens

Anthony

L

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The standby light is not on while the tv is on, but it goes on when the tv switches itself off. I think the standby light now flashes for a bit when you first turn the tv on and im pretty sure it didn’t do that before
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

OK thanks for the info you have a problem with the mainboard, is there any on going warranty with the set?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I don’t think so
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry about that but these smaller TVs are so inexpensive now at way under £200 its not really an option to repair them at this size, you would be better off replacing because repairs would equate to a new TV I am afraid, let me know what you think, sorry for the news

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That’s okay, I was kind of suspecting that that might be the case. Thanks for your help
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome

Anthony