info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

The colours are gone. I can hear the programmes but can

The colours are gone. I can hear the programmes but can barely see anything I have reset the colour setting with the reset wizard but still can't see anything
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LG 42LN575V
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Must be almost 8years old
JA: How long has this been an issue with your 42LN575V? What happened right before this?
Customer: I played a show on chromecast Then switch to BT and its been like this since last night
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here but this model in particular suffers greatly from back-light failure, these are the LEDs that illuminate the pixels, the thing is its a 4 or 5 hour operation to replace them and costly so I really do not think its going to be an option for you, but to make sure of my suspicions could you please press the MENU or HOME button of the TVs OWN remote so the LG remote is the menu ITSELF dark too?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it's dark too. OK I'll start looking at new tvs
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No am good thank you

Yes this particular problem is very common anyhow ,the back-lights are hidden behind the LCD panel so its a complete strip down hence the costs

Good luck with the replacement TV

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Any recommendations?

Yes SAMSUNG or SONY but the most important aspect of buying a TV is EXTENDED warranty this is very important with TV especially with premier brands this covers you for the panel and backlight issues that could happen after the initial 12 months so extend by another 4 years if you can

Panel or back-light problems write off the set there is not much that can be done about those problems