Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

When I switched on my Panasonic it said no channels

When I switched on my Panasonic it said no channels detected. Plugged in an older Panasonic and this worked, so not the aerial. Menu on screen said go to auto setup which I did, it says it is searching and this has been going on for ages and normally I thought this took just a max of 5 minutes
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic tx 32fs503B 800 Hz purchased 2 years ago
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: sorry don’t understand
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Menu button worked, to now just shows screen searching for channels and nothing really happening
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: just happened this evening, to no problems before. Have another Panasonic in another room and that’s fine
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Now says Astra 2 sarellite not found. Please check connections and dish alignment. This wired as I plugged in old Panasonic and that gets all channels no problem
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Satellite and wired misspellings
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Weird
Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you. 

Was this panasonic working previously with the same aerial but just suddenly stopped? 

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Nathan I have solved problem by going back to factory settings and then it did retune all the channels.
Weird

You're welcome, that is exactly what I was going to suggest as well. In most case a factory reset (shipping condition) will let you retune and resolve most issues. If you have any other problems feel free to get back in touch.