Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Pete I have just bought an extension Sky Q Mini and I'm

Customer Question

Hi Pete I have just bought an extension Sky Q Mini and I'm having bother getting it to work ...cheers John
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: It is a Samsung DV3 DNle
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have plugged in as instructed and had the light flashing but it says connect to another Sky thingy
JA: Is there anything else the Electronics Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have one other these extensions in another room ..that was connected by a 'Sky Guy'
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.
Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Hi John, how is the Sky Q Mini connected to the main Sky Q box?

What difficulty are you having with the Sky Q Mini?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello Pete my my Sky Q mini is in a different room from the main one so it will be wi fi I suppose
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

There may be a glitch with your wifi router which is preventing some devices from connecting, even if other devices are still connecting ok. First, try restarting your wifi router and let me know if that helps.

Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.
If restarting the wifi router does not help, check the network settings within the main Sky box. There should be a tick next to the network connection. If there isn’t, this is likely the problem as if the main box isn’t connected to the router. It won’t be able to assign an IP address to the Sky Q mini box. 

Re-connect to your WIFI network again. If neither work, it’s likely you have a problem with your internet connection and you will need to contact your internet service provider, but try testing on other devices on your network first or try restarting the wifi router again.

Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Does that completely answer your question? Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if anything in this answer was unclear, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi, just following up on your question - please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I'll be more than happy to help :) Have a great day, Pete.