info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I am looking at two tv sets both panasonic, TX-55LX650B

Customer Question

hi I am looking at two tv sets both panasonic
JA: Do you know the model of your Panasonic appliance? How old is it?
Customer: TX-55LX650B (2022) vs TX-58JX870B (2021) difcult to decide as both have similar price
JA: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am looking to buy one of these
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was hoping you could give me some quick advice
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

Hello Welcome , I will just check the specs on these TVs be about 5 mins thanks Anthony

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

The obvious difference is the TX-58J is a bigger TV by some 3 inches however both TVs have similar specifications one is not "better" than the other so it all comes down to personal preference you should see both TVs working in normal operating conditions both in 4k mode and 1080 mode and decide yourself , as a technician I do suggest you get extended warranty if the shop does not provide that its probably the most important thing to consider with a new TV to cover you for panel/back-light issues that can write off a TV so you get 1 years manuf warranty then extend by another 4 years ,let me know what you think

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What about the difference between operating systems? One has myhomescreen -Panasonic’s own and the other is an android TV which I suspect has more close ties with google giving more apps options - including chromecast
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Both TVs come with 5 year warranty from ***** *****
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

Yes ***** ***** is the best for warranty, it all depends on your personal preference ? there are gains and losses with both software systems , we do get a lot of software crashes with android tvs not booting properly so if I had to pick one I would be wary of android , chromecast works with either system ,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  info tech replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome Anthony