hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

My Humax is not working and I need a new one. I don't want

My Humax is not working and I need a new one. I don't want to lose programs I have already saved but would like them transferred to my new Humax. Are you able to do that for me?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Humax 500
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I just need to buy a new machine and find someone who can copy my existing recordings
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Firstly please note that the solicitation for PREMIUM OFFERS such as REMOTE ASSISTANCE or a PHONE CALL are sent by this website WITHOUT my permission and you may ignore them for now. Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website. Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply. I am sorry that you having a problem with your equipment and will help you resolve the issue. I am reviewing your question and will answer you shortly. Thank you for your patience! Please note that you have reached website is JustAnswer.com which is an independent PAID question and answer website. Lastly, please note that the solicitation for PREMIUM OFFERS such as REMOTE ASSISTANCE or a PHONE CALL are sent by this website WITHOUT my permission and you may ignore them for now. Thank you very much indeed for your business!

Sorry but the programmes can't be transferred you will need to watch them all before you get a new Humax.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your reply, I shall have to forget the possibility of saving the records I wanted to keep!

Sorry for the bad news I will close this ticket.
PS if you have an old VCR/DVD recorder you can connect the yellow red & white on the back of the Humax or use Scart and play the movies on the Humax and record to the VCR/DVD. It will take a time as you can only do it in real time but that's your only option also the picture will not be in HD but better than nothing.