How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 35539
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have been in hospital last night and doctor said I had a

Customer Question

I have been in hospital last night and doctor said I had a prolapse, I think it is my bladder and it has caused me pain and discomfort in surapubic area since last August. I have also had very irritable bladder and not always known when to go to the loo. I have recently had endo removed and been diagnosed with a sliding hiatas hernia. What options to I have for treating this. When lying down looks normal, when standing up looks like ribbed ball that comes dowm in to my vagina space and when I had internals it made me sick when I got home.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--while there are things like pessaries that can be inserted in the vagina in an attempt to keep the bladder in place, in your case I think you need a surgical procedure for this--either one to firm up the suspensory ligaments and tack the bladder back in place or a surgical mesh for the pelvic floor. If you need more information about this, please just ask me.