How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 15027
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

My daughter is now having a problem with urinating.She has

Customer Question

My daughter is now having a problem with urinating.She has had BRCa and had bilateral mastectomy followed by FEC-T adjuvant chemtherapy...completed by 5th May. She had triple negative tumour with n o lymph node involvement. She has been taking microgynon which has stopped being effective and she is bleeding and suffering from period like pains.She has had a cystoscopy and abdominal ultrasound which appeared normal.A CT scan has been advised.I am concerned about the possiblity of endometriosis and effect of full bladder on her kidneys.How can we get her to pass urine?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

How often does she pass urine?

How much does she retain back? Was it mentioned on ultrasound?

How are her bowel movements?

Does she have any spinal problems?

Does she have any abdominal pain?

When was the cystoscopy done?

Please let me know.