How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3682
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now

i have a lump under the skin on the shaft of my penis, its

Customer Question

i have a lump under the skin on the shaft of my penis, its movable but seems attached to the skin. iv had it as long as i can remember but recently it has started causing discomfort
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 4 years ago.



There could be many diagnosis for this lump like a cyst, lipoma, calcification etc. But since it is freely mobile and had been there for a long time , it seems like benign condition. If it was some cancer or tumor it would not have remain stable for so long.


Since it is causing discomfort recently, better to see a doctor and confirm the diagnosis. If you keep on touching the lump repeatedly it will be inflamed and cause pain due to irritation. So avoid repeated touching.


If the pain is due to some infection in the swelling, then a course of antibiotic will take care of it.


I hope this helps you.