How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 35529
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

It hurts when I - stinging sensation in the end of my

Customer Question

It hurts when I pee - stinging sensation in the end of my penis - the urine is a grey/yellow erather than a bright yellow. This has been happening periodically for the last 2 weeks.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--it sounds as though you probably have an infection of your prostate gland so I'd suggest you see a doctor for a digital prostate exam and a urinalysis with cultures. You'll probably need a two week course of antibiotics to resolve this
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will this cure itself over time ? if so how long ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
James it could resolve in another week but if it doesn't you really need antibiotics