How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

Hi there.. I have a spot on the base of the shaft of my penis.

This answer was rated:

Hi there.. I have a spot on the base of the shaft of my penis. Slightly hurts when touched, it looks as if there is a yellowish substance in the centre of the spot - seems impossible to pop? looks like its getting bigger.. not sure if i should worry or not? I leave for holiday tomorrow for 4 weeks.. Can this be left until I get back?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

This sounds to me like it may be an infected fluid collection called an abscess. If you're leaving for four weeks, you should definitely have this looked at by your doctor to see if it needs to be drained. If it is small enough, you can probably be placed on some antibiotics to see if it will go away with antibiotic therapy. But I would not leave without having this look that. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you