How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I have migrating intermittent pain in left side of the

This answer was rated:

I have migrating intermittent pain in left side of the scrotum and the perineum. Also sometimes feel slight pain in hamstring.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Are you physically active? Do you lift weights?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I don't lift weight however I do play football and jog maybe once a week.
How long have you had this pain?

Do you have burning when you urinate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had testicular trauma 1 year ago. I had swelling which went away after 2 weeks. Was fine for 4 months however throughout the last 6 months I have had dull testicle aches on the left side ( a pulling sensation). The pain has got worse and now I have both pain in the testicle and perineum. I don't have a burning sensation when urinating either.
So I've had testicle pain for 6 months, and testicle pain and perineum pain for 2 months.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
A reliable response
Sorry for the delay as I was operating.

With the history of the trauma to the testicle region, it is very likely that you have nerve inflammation is the cause of your pain. The first step in treating this would be conservative management with anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen or meloxicam. Your urologist should examine you as well to make sure there's nothing structurally wrong with the testicle. They can also add a medication called gabapentin to help stop nerve pain. They should consider doing an ultrasound of the testicle to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the structure of the testicle either.

If they put you in all these medications and nothing helps, then you may need to see a urologist to consider doing a surgery called neuolysis to strip away the nerves that are causing the pain to the testicle. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you