How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

Hello , i had protected with my Fiance ,

This answer was rated:

Hello , i had protected sexual intercourse with my Fiance , i lasted longer than ever during the sexual encounter before i ejaculated and there was lots of different sex positions that i never tried before . After ejaculation , i noticed blood when i passed out urine , even though prior to the sex my urine was very clear , after using the bathroom twice and drinking water , the urine became clear after almost 2 hours . Just before the urine became of clear, i passed out very clear urine but at the end there was little blood clot .This happened 1 week ago and since then my urine has been normal colour but have been having slight discomfort in my lower abdomen. During the past week i did take antibiotics as well , please can you advise me on what may the reason for this ?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Did you have any anal intercourse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I did not have anal ,I feel slightly uncomfortable on the left side of my abdomen but I am still able to work at the office as the job involves sitting all day and working on my computer

The blood in your urine combined with the symptoms you describe sound like you may have developed a urinary tract infection that has affected the epididymis or even the testicle. This is common in sexually active people. Even though you took antibiotics, they may not of been appropriate for your infection. You need to get into see your doctor for an examination and they need to do a urine culture. They will need to switch her antibiotics and basin off the results of your urine culture. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your reply , the antibiotics was for UTI , I will book an appointment with my GP , what is generally the treatment for this ?
First-line antibiotics in a man with a urine infection would either be ciprofloxacin or trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole.

they should hopefully prescribe you one of these antibiotics.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi ,


Thanks for your useful replies ,


I have Completed a 5 day medication of ciprofloxacin(500mg) , why do i still have some lower abdominal discomfort , is this something that will pass with time?


NB: The product is called Cifox



The discomfort maybe from bladder spasms from a persistent infection. This is why you need to have another urine culture done to see if you need more antibiotics.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



That being said , i decided to masturbate today as i wanted to be sure i can stil have sex in future , but i did not reach climax as the sensation was not enjoyable . (p.s i have not had sex or masturbated since the incident happened last week or 7 days ago)


However , when my genitals became flacid , i went to urinate in the bathroom and i realized some blood with my urine . This totally freaked me out . Does this additional symptom or event help you further narrow things down ?


I want to be equipped with the most the detailed scenario or event timeline as possible when i meet my GP , besides not sure if my GP will have as much urology context as you do , hence will appreciate your expert opinion on what i just experienced.



No. This does not narrow things down. If you are still bleeding, there may be an injury in the urethra that is causing the bleeding. You need to see a urologist right away for an evaluation by cystoscopy to see what is bleeding.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you