How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I am 83yrs of age and have a large growth in the bladder.

This answer was rated:

I am 83yrs of age and have a large growth in the bladder. the specialist is to perform an operation to cut the size down. At this time I have no pain the frequency of passing water I can cope with, I am aware that it will not improve as I get older as I consider this operation will lay me low for about 2 months, should I go ahead? R D Payne
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Was this growth your prostate?
Have you had urine infections?
Are you emptying your bladder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Prostate Yes.

Urinary infections. No.

Slow stream, more often

Has your doctor done a bladder ultrasound to see if you are emptying it completely?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He inserted a camera and on screen it showed a rather murky thin soup with small pieces of matter floating about, he then filled bladder with water to wash out.

OK. The murky urine is likely a sign that you are not emptying your bladder and this is probably why they are recommending the surgery. If you are not emptying your bladder, then I agree with this surgery. You need to ask your doctor if this is the reason why they propose this surgery to be sure though. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you