How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I am a male 62 yrs of age for the last 3 yrs I am having pain

This answer was rated:

I am a male 62 yrs of age for the last 3 yrs I am having pain in my penis specially when it is hard I had a check up dr told me it is a type fyabrosis and he kept me on vitamin e 1000 daily and a mild pain killer it is getting worse the size and shape is changed what next?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have a curve to your penis?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it appeared recently, in the begining it was nt curved, but having pain mostly during erections, but now in normal condition i feel some thing is wrong there, although I have normal intercourse but usually the rate is being decreased may be because of diabetic medications, my BP is usually normal. Please check what I should do in order to fix this problem, In case you need more info, please ask, Thanks,


Did you injure your oenis during sexual in the past?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My answer to your question is YES, when this problem started I tried to insert in her and I found she is dry and it happened on several occasion thinking that she will be naturally lubricated I didn't use any artificial lubrications,I feel that you are very close to the correct diagnosis by your question ( answer ), waiting for your final verdict. Thanks


The condition you have is likely Peyronie's disease which is due to scar tissue formation on the penis. This is due to trauma to the penis that you had. Unfortunately, there's not much they can be done to regain the length. However, the curvature can be treated with medications such as trental to try to help dissolve the scar tissue. If the medications don't work and your curvature is so bad that it prevents you from having intercourse, then you may need surgery to straighten the penis out assuming that you can get an erection. The pain you have is from the scarring and can take up to a year to stop. You need to see a urologist to discuss all your treatment options for this disease. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Doctor I am very much convinced with your diagnosis and I think that I need to consult the doctor locally an specialist, the hospital gave me an appointment for 31 Dec. I have to go through it, but my curvature is not so much and I dont have any problem in the bed except pain after it is over. For how long I should continue the Vitamin E 1000 and what precaution I should take.


You can take the vitamin E for 6-12 months to see if this helps. You just have to be very careful to not bend or injure your penis during sex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. I am so much convinced with the way you diagnosed without examination i became curious to ask you more about it, I am also facing sexual dysfunction and to get an erection I need supporters like cialis ( dr prescribed ) but I havnt used it instead I am using herbal medicines, Is there any permanent solution for this problem.

Unfortunately, there is no permanent solution. The solution is to benon the medications like cialis to improve the blood flow to the penis to improve your erections.