How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I have a string like hard vein or channel on my penis under

This answer was rated:

I have a string like hard vein or channel on my penis under the foreskin. It is approximately half an inch long and 3mm in diameter. It feels hard to the touch and seems to run alongside a vein. I just noticed it a couple of days ago and it hasn't changed since then. It is there when erect or flaccid. I don't think it is a vein as it is more a white colour than a blue vein. Could this be a lymphocele or is it anything to worry about like cancer or an sti? Are there any complications if it is a lymphocele and what can I do to treat this?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Can you post a picture of this area in question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi is there an email address I can send the picture to? I can't seem to paste it in here
You have to upload the photo on the desktop application using the paper clip icon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here you go. Its the kind of whitish line perpendicular to the penis shaft.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi did you get the photo?

Yes, I got the photo. Did you recently have a prolonged erection or rough sex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I've had rough sex in the last week or so. Could that be it?
Yes, that like we could be the cause. This looks like a blood clot in the vein under the foreskin. This can take several months to dissolve on its own. There's nothing you need to do or can do to make this go away faster. You should consider seeing a urologist for an official exam to confirm the diagnosis. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you