How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I have just left hospital having hadva CTscan. I have bladder

This answer was rated:

I have just left hospital having hadva CTscan. I have bladder diverticulae. I cant find any thing on the net other than other spelling relating to the colon. please hekp mark hunter
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How large is the diverticulum in size?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they have not said, just "two cystic areas which may represent bladder diverticulae.


Are you able to empty the bladder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


These diverticuli result from obstruction of your bladder due to an enlarged prostate. Depending on how large they are, they may or may not need to be removed. We typically only do surgery on this if you have retained urine in the diverticuli. If you don't have this problem, but you may just need surgery on your prostate such as a TURP to open the prostate channel to prevent making these diverticuli larger. You should discuss this with your urologist. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you