How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

My testicles seem to be tight majority of the time but do

Customer Question

Hi my testicles seem to be tight majority of the time but do you hang down occasionally my worry is my left testicle when tight I can push back up inside and also when I have sex it disappears to I'm worried because me and my wife are trying to conceive
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How long have you had this problem?
How long have you been trying to conceive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 8 years and about 6 months

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
You've been trying to conceive unsuccessfully for 8 years?
Have you had a semen analysis done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no 6 months trying and had problem 7 /8 years sometime get dull ache in testical

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So do I have a problem

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
In terms of infertility, you don't have problem unless you have not been able to conceive a child for over a year. However, you still should have a semen analysis done since you have problems with your testicle retracting up
In terms of your testicle going up into your body, this can be a problem. This is called a retractile testicle. I would recommend that you see a urologist for an examination and you may need to have surgery to bring the testicle into the scrotum and tack it there permanently. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will I be able to father kids if I need surgery my testicals are in the sac but when I work or I am cold they go up in side

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
If your sen analysis is normal, then yes, you should be able to father children.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What's the best way to go about it

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
You need to see a urologist for an exam and a semen analysis.