Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

My urine smells all the time. I don't tend to smell it

My urine smells all the time. I don't tend to smell it and other people do. I don't have a UTI as I have been tested. I do drink water, what can cause foul smelling urine?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you eat any foods like asparagus regularly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would candida in gut or bladder cause that.

I have had a bad diet over the years since i was younger, diet high in carbs and a very sweet tooth

Have you been tested for diabetes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the past, no diabetes

I am getting tests to check kidney as I have been getting blood in urine

would ibs eg metabolic issues cause smelly urine

I will be referred to a urologist if test for kidney is fine. I am just wondering what they would check

I would recommend that they retest you for diabetes as this can cause smelly urine. A urologist will need to do a bladder ultrasound to see if you have trouble emptying it. Incomplete bladder emptying can lead to smelly urine as well. IBS can cause fat malabsorption and this can cause smelly urine as well.