How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 15027
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I suffered from erectional dysfunction about a year ago which

Customer Question

I suffered from erectional dysfunction about a year ago which was treated at the hospital. I received a course of drugs (Cialis) which was, to a degree, successful. I have recently noticed a small red inflammation on part of my penis. There is no pain or discomfort but I am somewhat concerned at this recent change. I would appreciate your advice. Thank you in anticipation..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 2 years ago.
HIwhat is your age ?Are you diabetic ?Where exactly is the inflammation ?Can you post a picture here ?Any discharge or itching ?High risk sexual exposure recently ?Please let me know.Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Age 58.
I am not a diabetic
Inflammation behind the foreskin on the tender part of the penis
No picture available
No itching or discomfort
Sexually inactive for 12 years (heterosexual)
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 2 years ago.
HiThanks for replying. There could be many causes for this redness. It could be a fungal/ bacterial infection , allergic inflammation, abrasions, STI or skin tumours. STI sexually transmitted infections is ruled out in your case obviously.Fungal and bacterial infections are usually with symptoms like itching, discharge, pain etc.But initial stages can be painless.Other causes has to be ruled out by a doctor. A picture could have given more info about this redness. Skin tumour like melanoma can also appear as a discoloured lesion over the penis.I would advise you to see your doctor to confirm the diagnosis. If it is an infection antibiotic ointment or anti fungal ointment would take care of it. If not skin biopsy would be indicated.If you have any doubts , please let me know.Dr.Tharun