How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Ive question on groin lower back pain adn soem urethral di

Customer Question

I'm a man and 10 months ago I received unprotected oral from a sex worker.

After that I had months of stress and anxiety and I had a full set of STD tests 1 months after and then 4 months after.

I had some urethral irritation in my penis but I was checking and opening it a fair bit, both sets of STD tests came back negative and the GUM clinic said low risk  and that there next steps was counseling for guilt as they wouldn't test again.

Last week I was again feeling irritation in my penis so visited my GP who did a quick Urine test and said there was Protein and Blood in my urine and prescribed Trimethoprim200mg twice a day for 7 days for a uti and sent the sample for further tests.

I then went to std clinic, they conducted a urethral swab and said white bloods cells exist and diagnosed non specific urithritus prescribed Doxy twice a day for 7 days. Then results from the urine test come back clear for Gonohrea and Chlamydia so it remains NS.

However I'm also sure there's something going on with my prostate as I can feel a sensation deep inside.

After 5 days of doxy penis irritation seemed better but that prostate sensation is getting worse.

And what are the chances of prostitis after 3 negative test for gonohrea and chlamydia?

THe STD clinic have said next steps are referal to a urolisgist, wont see me again.

Now I feel sensations in the prostate/anal area but deep inside, and some groin discomfort that I cant localise to a particular area. Also the occasional quite shapr pain in the lower back (this is happening a coule of times a day.

I'm 39, bmi 28, non smoker, good blood presure, good exercise levels.

I was under a gastroenterologist last year and had diverticulits/ colon infection but i've lost 3 stone since then and change ddiet etc.

I'm stuggling to deal with this as I am married with kids etc.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
See a urologist.
Indeed this can be chronic prostatitis.
It can be aggravated by anxiety, and have no bacteria at all.
You would have to take measures such as physical therapy, psychological therapy and other maneuvers to get rid of the pain completely.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.