Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003
Urology

Jsjsjs

Jjdm

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
What is your question?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Sorry doc meant to send this.....Would ejaculating through masterbation before a blood test affect my free and total testosterone scores in anyway? I can't remember how close masterbation occurred before having bloods taken...would it matter or influence them? Scores solid and vhappy...just wanted to make sure they are still accurate

Yes. Ejaculatuon within 3-5 days of the PSA test can falsely elevate it. You should refrain from ejaculation in this timeframe.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Most medical information states ejaculation can affect prolactin and dopamine but not testosterone levels which is the only thing I was getting measured for. I was not getting a PSA test simply a testosterone test. All Other docs I asked said the level would not have been affected by ejaculating the morning of the test..

No. Your ejacuating would not affect those levels. There is no need to get those retested.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Most medical information states ejaculation can affect prolactin and dopamine but not testosterone levels which is the only thing I was getting measured for. I was not getting a PSA test simply a testosterone test...they are different blood tests. All Other docs I asked said the level would not have been affected by ejaculating the morning of the test..

Your doctors are right. The ejaculating will not affect those levels
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

So just to clarify testosterone blood levels are not affected by ejaculating?

No they are not
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

TThank you for your help

That's correct