How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 48738
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I was circumcised as a child reason I'm not sure!

This answer was rated:

Hi, I was circumcised as a child for a reason I'm not sure! My penis is really small 2" flaccid 5" erect at best with not much girth at all! Is this micropenis? I'm now 22 and this is destroying my life! I can't get into a relationship like most of my friends as I have no confidence and definitely don't meet the normal size criteria! Is there any hormone treatment out there for adults to help kick start penis growth? I've read it can be done as a child but now Im an adult I'm not so sure, do you know? Is it worth making an appointment with a local urologist to see what options I have? Anything to help add a bit more length/girth to just meet the normal size so I can lead a normal 22 year olds life would be amazing! Please help thanks
This is Dr. David

this is not considered micropenis which is usually erect size less than 2.5inches.

if you have short stature, this can be a completely normal penis size.

your confidence should not lie on your penis size.

there are surgeries called phaloplasty which are done in the USA which can increase size of the penis about 1-1.5 inches or so.

you should see a urologist about this and talk about these surgery options.

how tall are you?

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't think it fell into that category! Thanks it's definitely not in the normal range some get dealt the rubbish hand! I'm 6ft 4
I see

you should consult with a urologist

and talk about phaloplasty surgery.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using
Dr. David and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you