How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I have been having urinary issues few months on

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have been having urinary issues for a few months on and off. I am finding that at times, especially when i hold back for too long, my urination flow is slow and at times, I have to wait and somewhat force a bit for a few seconds, before it flows.
At other times its normal. Sometimes, I have the feeling of going back to urinate within 15-30 mts of last urination. I also believe that its connected to my lower back which once in a while gets irritated/inflamed when I play excessive squash. I just got
a complete body test in India and everything came normal except deficient b12 and vit D. Prostrate is normal. Any thoughts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, I have been checked for diabetes many times in past year or so and my tests are normal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apologies, also I rarely get up in the night to urinate though it happens sometimes (may be once a week or so but not every week. some weeks more than others).
Even if your prostate exam is normal, you can still have blockage on the inside of the prostate which can cause your urinary symptoms. However, this would not be that common at your age. In your case, I would recommend that you see a urologist to consider doing cystoscopy to look inside the urethra to see if there is some blockage such as A structure of the urethra that is leading to your symptoms. This may cause the symptoms you describe as well. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dr Y. Is this cystoscopy intrusive and will NHS GP agree to this? what should I ask them so they actually send me to a urologist? Regards.
The cystoscopy involves placing a small camera into the urethra that is the size of a catheter. It is only slightly uncomfortable. It is not painful. I'm not familiar with your health care system as I am located in the United States so I don't know whether or not it should be covered. However, if there is an indication to do the procedure, I don't see why it would not be covered. Something you would have to ask your doctor.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Doc.