How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3682
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now

My husband went to the doctor 3 or 4 weeks ago after seeing

This answer was rated:

my husband went to the doctor 3 or 4 weeks ago after seeing a little streak of blood in stools or toilet water . The doctor examined him and said he had a small pile after examining him and there was nothing to be concerned about. my husband does have
some itchiness. he had no further sightings of blood and thought things were ok . He has had no treatment but for 2 or 3 times now since he has seen a slight streak of blood in stools. He doesn't know whether to go back to doctors or does he assume it is the
pile and does he just live with it ? He has no pain just slight itchiness. Obviously when you see blood you get concerned. He is 66.
HelloHow are your bowel movements?Do you have to strain to pass stools ?Have you ever passed black stools ?DO you smoke ?Please let me know.Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never never smoked bowels fine yes do strain sometimes. Bowel movement regular.
HIBleeding piles if not settling should be treated with some procedure or at least medications.Medications include flavonoid, steroid , calcium channel blocker ointments to applied over the pile locally for 1-2 weeks.Otherwise injection of piles ( sclerotherapy) , banding of piles or stapler hemorrhoidectomy can be done to stop it.You should go back to your doctor who can refer you to the concerned specialist or prescribe you medications.Dr.Tharun.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks for that
You are welcome and take care.Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you