How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

A few days ago I noticed the appearance of what can perhaps

Customer Question

Hi. A few days ago I noticed the appearance of what can perhaps best be described a small intrascrotal lump/mass, specifically located in the hemiscrotum high up on my right side just below the groin. It sits apart from the testes (no lumps to report on these or elsewhere) and it appears fairly solid. Accompanying this is a general feeling of heaviness and possibly slight swelling together with mild stinging and tenderness across the scrotum in its entirety. I went to my GP today who has referred me to a urologist for a further look. I've heard of things like hydroceles and varicoceles. etc, and of course I'm aware of the more serious implication of testicular cancer, but I'm keen to get your professional opinion on the likely cause of this mysterious lump and associated symptoms as I wait for my urologist appointment. Kind Regards.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Is this lump located right above the testicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I say, it's basically in between my leg and the right side of my scrotum- area known as the hemiscrotum according to my doctor. Basically, if from a standing position you were to pull the scrotum to the left the lump/ mass would be situated top right. So, certainly above the testicle, but not 'right' above it- as far away from it as is possible I suppose. Best I can describe.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
That would be an odd location to have a lump. It is likely to be a non cancerous mass like a cyst of the spermatic cord or a fat lump of the cord called a lipoma. You will need an exam by a urologist and possibly an ultrasound of this area to determine for sure. Hope this helps.