How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

I have an issue with my penis, during erection only half of

This answer was rated:

I have an issue with my penis, during erection only half of it gets properly supplied by blood, the second half is softer and not fully stiff. Sometimes the blood flow works for the full penis but only temporarily, the second half will go softer quickly.
When this started I felt like I need to urinate more than usuall. Also there was constant pain as if it is being squeezed continuously, this started almost 2 weeks ago. Now I do not experience pain regularly, only when it gets erect it may be a bit painfull afterwards.
Occasional pain occurs on the top where it is connected to the body, where the vein is present, almost feels like a burning sensation.
When it's flaccid, the top end that is not supplied fully seems to be firm most of the time. While the half connected to bodybis generrally softer, which I believe is the normal state.
Did you have any injury to your penis? Do you have any curve to the penis when erect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I believe this may have started after maybe a more than usual intensive pressure of my partners body during foreplay, not sure if there was an injury. I was not sore then. But when it came to the act I could not get full erection anymore.There always has been a light curve which may be considered normal, sometimes, in the current condition, when only half gets supplied by blood the softer end may not be fully aligned in the same direction.
Also, I dont know it that always been there but there may be a slight bump on right side of the penis, under the skin.
This sounds like you may have an injury to your penis over the years of trauma to the penis causing some scarring. This is a condition called Peyronie's disease. This can lead to problems with curvature as well as difficulty with directions. You need to get into see a urologist for an examination. If you're having difficulty getting blood to the end of the penis, you may need to be started on medication such as Cialis or Viagra to help improve the blood flow. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, thanks, that's what I had thought as well based my search on the internet.