How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3682
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now

I have found some extra skin not on the top of my penis but

This answer was rated:

Hi There I have found some extra skin not on the top of my penis but on the inside skin around the top of the penis


These look like genital warts mostly caused by HPV - human papilloma virus. It is sexually transmitted disease. They are self limiting. However there is no cure or medications to get rid of it.The excess skin growth can be either removed with various measures like cautery, excision, cryosurgery ,laser ablation or managed with ointments.

You have to see your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and discuss the required treatment.

I hope this helps you


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What ointments should I get and is there a way of getting rid of it without going to the doctor as it is embarrassing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it will go off its own accord and how long do you think it will take


It is never embarrassing to go to a doctor ; whatever the issue is.That is what doctors are for.

These are prescription ointments which can be given by a doctor only.

Some warts(smaller ones) go away of their own , may be within 12- 16 weeks. If it doesn't then treatment has to be taken.


Dr. Tharun and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Doctor I really appreciate your time and your advise,.