How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20397
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now

For the past month i have noticed a dry skin patchbon my

This answer was rated:

Hi there,For the past month i have noticed a dry skin patchbon my penis. After masturbation or sex it will go slightly more red, then a day later it will scab get brown, but it doesnt seem to be healing in its entirety. I have had penis rashes on and off for 10 years now and i dont know if its allergy, sensivity or what. There is no pain, itching or any other symptoms whatsoever. Can you please confirm if i am ok to proceed with unprotected sexual activities with my committed partner? Please see images.
Does this seem to get worse when you wear condoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not necessarily. I havent noticed a correlation between this and condoms. Im thinking could it be washing detergent? I highly doubt its std although correct me if i am wrong because i started getting penis rashes before i started having sex. I just cant figure it out. Iv had 2 std checks within last 4 months and im completely negative.

This looks like it may be a fungal infection of the skin. I would recommend you see a urologist for an exam to see if you should be started on a medication such as betamethasone with Clotrimazole to clear the inflammation or fungal infection. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But can i still have unprotected oral and vaginal sex?

It would be best to get this treated first. You can have protected sex with a condom until you are seen by a urologist to prescribe this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok how sure are you this is fungal? Are you certain? Iv seen pictures of fungal infections on google and this doesnt look the same? Unless its a milder version.

Without being able to do formal testing on the area, I can't be sure that this is a fungal infection or not. But it really does not look like anything else. It could just be an early fungal infection. In this type of scenario, it is calm and just to treat this as a fungal infection with medication designed to treat A fungal infection to see if it responds. Hope this helps and please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you just one final question then ill be on my way. What is causing this? Why do i keep getting it? U think its from dirty underwear, shaving foam, detergent, what can it be? I wash everyday.

It can be from diabetes, being uncircumcised, or it can happen from no reason at all. It is not from being dirty.

Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you for your advice.