Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

What are the options for phimosis without an operation?

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you can slowly stretch your foreskin daily when you shower and pull back the foreskin with soap and water and wash the back side of the foreskin daily in the shower

stretching the foreskin slowly this daily can help stretch it so it is not painful

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’ve tried this before over a number of months and it only gets slightly better but no where near enough to not still be painful. Is there any medication available or would it involve an operation?

you can try some mederma anti scar cream on the area and continue to stretch to help soften the skin and help it stretch more

you should be pulling back the skin daily when you shower to wash.

this is really the other option besides surgery to help enlarged the foreskin.

do you have other questions?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I opted for surgery how much would it likely to cost and what’s the waiting time?

the cost should be covered in NHS

or are you going to a private surgeon in the UK?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NHS I guess asumming I can buck up the courage to go and see someone!

you should see your GP and get your penis and phymosis evaluated.

they can refer you to see a urologist in the NHS to talk about surgery for phymosis if you need it

keep stretching the foreskin as much as you can in the shower with soap and water

and try some cream if the skin there feels dry like Mederma cream which could help the stretch stretch as well