medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

I have some some round areas on my penile shaft and i am

I have some some round areas on my penile shaft and i am concerened they are genital warts. They are about a week old. Very slightly raised from the skin surface, if it all.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

I'm reviewing your question and will post an answer in a moment.

Thank you for the patience

Are these painful?do they itch?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No not painful at all. No itching. No symptoms whatsoever. Only noticed them because i shaved the hair away last week.

Okay so I have seen the images that you have attached.

These do seem to be genital warts but don't worry they are not dangerous.In most cases they clear on their own without any treatment because our immune system clears out the virus.

If you are worried then there are some creams that you can apply on these like Trichloroacetic acid,Podophyllin and podofilox or Imiquimod.

These are very effective in treating warts but as you don't have any symptoms so most likely your immune system will clear them out on its own

I'm sorry I can't attend the call at the moment.We can continue here on the chat if it is okay with you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you certain these are genital warts? I have a long term partner and i am concerned i have spread them to her
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They appear much more prominent in the images.

Yes from the pictures it does seem to be warts

But ideally I

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it possible they are something else? They are very flat and sort of appear just to look like areas of slightly different colour

But ideally I would suggest you to visit your doctor just to make sure because it would be more accurate to comment on these if these are examined

Well to confirm this,I would suggest you to visit your GP because I would like these to be evaluated.

From pictures it does seem to be warts.

Don't worry,it does not mean that your partner will also have warts as it depends on immunity and not every has warts

Even if you are in long term relation,the virus can remain in body for a long time without causing any symptoms and when the immunity is a bit down it can lead to warts.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thank you. Ill visit my gp

You are welcome :)

Don't worry as these are easily treatable and not dangerous at all

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.