Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am paraplegic, permanently confined to a wheelchair, and

Customer Question

I am paraplegic, permanently confined to a wheelchair, and have been examined by a gynaecologist recently who says that I do not have a vaginal prolapse.She did not mention that I might have a bladder prolapse, simply that what I felt would be my urethra. However, I can feel a bulge at the entrance to my vagina each morning when I am seated on my shower chair. This bulge seems to disappear when I am laid down, hence the fact that the gynaecologist could not detect anything. She has prescribed oestrogen cream, but I would like a proper diagnosis as the bulge is irritating me, and creating more neuropathic pain.
My question really is, the bulge seems to disappear when I am laid down. Is this normal for a bladder prolapse? it is only by searching on the internet that I have come to the conclusion that I might have a bladder prolapse.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 10 months ago.
Have you had children? What is your weight?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3 children, all normal deliveries. I weigh 69 kilos
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 10 months ago.
Its possible you have a bladder prolapse. It will be most evident with standing. You could consider a pessary if its bothersome