DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

For the last few days I have been getting the urge to pee

Customer Question

For the last few days I have been getting the urge to pee very often, although only a small amount of per comes out. I don’t think I’ve had a properly full bladder in about five days. I have a kind of sensation in the end of my penis that makes me feel like I should pee, along with the usual signs of needing to. I am not in any pain at all, not when I pee and not in general.I’m a 31 year old male. I’m a healthy weight and had the same sexual partner for 11 years. I had urinalysis done at the doctors today and told I don’t have an infection or diabetes.I was told I may just be experiencing some bladder irritation but I’m not drinking or eating anything I don’t normally. The only difference is that I’ve been doing a lot of heavy exercise for a couple of weeks (“Insanity” - interval training with lots of jumping, cardio, fast movement). Could this be causing it?What would be the next steps if I went back to the doctors if this doesn’t sort itself out in a few days or so?
Category: Urology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 10 months ago.

Hello Philip! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This could be due to dehydration that you are experiencing these symptoms

Other possibility could be a small concretion which while passing through the urinary tract is giving rise to such feeling

I would suggest that you should have an ultrasound and x-ray KUB if your symptoms doesn't get better in next few days

Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

You can keep yourself well hydrated and if symptoms doesn't get better in a week you should have the investigations