wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I suffer with stomach issues nearly every day.......I've

Customer Question

I suffer with stomach issues nearly every day.......I've visited various GPs over the years with very little assistance. I've had scans which show i have one kidney smaller than the other that doesn't filter properly, which can create bladder/kidney infections - no help was offered after this finding. I also have mild IBS, my stomach is constantly irritated and I'm sure there must be something else that can be done to combat my issue. I eat a healthy diet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Urology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 days ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
great thanks, i'm 27 and have been suffering with cystitis since I was young. the other pains i'm experiencing are more recent.
i'm female.
i had a lot of operations (approx 30) between ages 7 - 23 due to a leg deformity so i used to be on a lot of meds but currently i only take the contraceptive pill and the occasionally paracetamol/ibrupfrofen
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
my tummy has been giving me serious problems for around 3 years now. it used to be more bearable, now anything and everything seems to irritate it
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it feels swollen recently and sore to the touch. they found abnormal cells after a smear, i had to have them removed . iv been given the all clear since then but im still experiencing discomfort, some days more than others
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

This may just be IBS....it can cause symptoms like you are experiencing.

That being said, since your GPs have not been able to nail down what is going on you may want to get a second opinion from more experienced doctors.

Let me explain how you might be able to do this:

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the United Kingdom and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take come effort to get your GP to refer you for this second opinion, and you may have to go private pay, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS