wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Following an mp MRI scan there is a suspicion that I may

Customer Question

Following an mp MRI scan there is a suspicion that I may have prostate cancer.Rising PSA prompted the scan. I am being referred for a prostate biopsy as the next stage probably to East Surrey Hospital Redhill. Given that I live in the South East with a number of available hospitals including Royal Marsden I would like to ensure the best possible venue particularly if there needs to be follow on treatment including surgery. Have you any advice?
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: chronic I believe given that the rising PSA has occurred over a number of years and that the velocity is relatively slow.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really.I am not on any medication.The mp MRI was somewhat uncertain because of bilateral hip replacements. I am 78.
Category: Urology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Are you allowed to pick your hospital and surgeon?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

In that case the best way to pick a surgeon you trust at a hospital you would like to go to would be to consult with local friends, family, your GP, nurses at the A&E and hospitals and ask them what surgeon they would have their family members go to.

As I am in the USA I would be able to review their online data but I would not have access to the local information you could obtain through the above sources....information that gives the true measure of the surgeon and facility.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS