How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 14025
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Urology Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I have been suffering from soft stools for a number of

Customer Question

I have been suffering from soft stools for a number of months. I have to use the toilet approx 6-8 times a day sometime diarrhoea. I have lost 10lbs in less than 10 weeks and I’m exhausted. My doctor referee me to the gastrointestinal clinic and bloods and ultrasound and sample was done. Liver enzymes where elevated but no further investigation was required.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

How old are you?


Any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m 38 and currently not on any medicines
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

I would suggest you ask the GI doctors if they would be willing to do a colonscopy. This would give a lot of data on the health of your colon and lower intestines as well as allow biopsies to be taken.

You might also want to speak to a dietitian to see if changing your diet could help.

Does this make sense to you?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and ask your GP to refer you to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS