Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

I have a prominent weird vein on the top of my penis, since

Customer Question

Hello, I have a prominent weird vein on the top of my penis, since childhood. The only thing i can think of is mondor's disease but there is no pain or discomfort, does not effect my erection. It looks like this https://ibb.co/FsNstrh . I can physically move the vein and change it's shape but it always snaps back to the original position. The more blood goes to my penis the larger the vein gets. What is this?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i had meningitis in childhood.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 days ago.

this is the dorsal vein on your penis

this is normal

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thankyou for help, is it normal for the dorsal vein to curl at the top, like in the image attached? It is raised compared to rest of my shaft, almost like it is swollen, even when penis is flaccid.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 days ago.

it is normal for the dorsal vein to curl up at the top.

this is normal

Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 days ago.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com